Monday, March 1, 2010

I am

As I am taking a backward glance at my childhood and my adolescence, those happy moments are flowing through my mind, like a movie, my mom and dad were teaching my brother and me to swim, watching the colorful sunset together from the lookout, reading bedtime stories to us …

One particular scene is coming up to my mind at this moment, and lingering, it was an autumn night, one of the beautiful nights in four seasons, stars were twinkling in the dark blue sky, and tree leaves were shimmering under the silvery, full moon as they were swaying slowly with the cool breeze. My brother and I went to bed reluctantly at 9:30, after playing.

Suddenly, I was hearing a gentle voice in my dream, getting louder and louder, and my dream was broken and gone after my brother and I were woken up by my mom,

"what's going on?" I asked in my sleepy voice as I was rubbing my eyes, and looking at the clock, it was close to the midnight.

"Come, come to the window." She whispered.

As we were gazing into the starry sky, a shining object flying across the heaven far, far away, leaving a bright, slightly curved, long path, as its tail was blurring and fading away. "Wow, awesome!" We were astonished and excited, it took us a long time to fall back into sleep.

When I was a boy, I didn’t think too much about why my mom woke us up along with other things my parents did for us, although some seemed a bit uncommon, I have taken things for granted. As I’ve grown up, replaying those scenes, I always come to the same conclusion.

My parents have taken us with them to embark on the adventures together, to open the windows for us to see the wonderful world, to share wonder and excitement with us … They have been passing their enthusiasm, optimism, wisdoms and many small things on to us, things money can’t buy.

I joined a global consulting firm after graduated in China seven years ago, and my work projects have taken me to many places and countries around the globe… and those moments are always with me.